Wednesday, November 28, 2007

2 years later, still PUSHing.

today's 2 years to the day that I wrote PUSH... just found an old rhyme book, dated and all.

One of my more popular songs...hopefully you liked it... one of my favorite cuts.


for the next hour or so, it's free.


enjoy!


http://download.yousendit.com/9C00E3C64C96850E

Background on Push:

Produced by Storyville
myspace.com/deepscene

Saxophone by Frank Machos
myspace.com/frankmachos

I wrote this sitting in my '89 Blazer,with gloves on (because I had no heat) about to go to work at Toys R Us for the holiday season. The lyrics were flowing so well, I was 15 minutes late clocking in. Again, Storyville came through with a smash. This is probably my second favorite cut, and probably could've been the 2nd single. I heard it and wrote instantly. SV is such a perfectionist, he sent me 10000 remixes for the track when I told him I wanted to use it. But I'm stuck in my ways when it comes to music, and I wanted it as is. He even sent me a version with a verse in it, trying to weasel his way onto the album Smile nah, I'm just kidding, but I had to stick with the original. I had a funky idea for the 3rd verse, something that hadn't been done before: to use a saxophone solo AS the 3rd verse. I met Frank Machos on myspace, and he was down for the cause. Strangely enough, I had met him before at my Fundamentals release party, but didn't know it. There were a lot of strange coincidences that made this album come together, that's what makes it so special. Samik (prod of "Raze The Bar") says this is the best beat on the album, it just might be.

No comments:

Do you blog?